Ten Assisted Living Facilities in Denver that Accept Medicaid
Return to, or visit our Denver assisted living page.
Bar-none, one of the most common questions we receive through our site, Assisted Living Directory, is regarding finding assisted living that accepts Medicaid.
Since Medicaid is a federal program, it is up to each state individually to decide whether Medicaid can be applied to, and cover some of the cost of assisted living. Colorado happens to be one of those few states.
It’s hard to find Medicaid-certified assisted living when you are doing a general search online, which is frustrating. Most facilities don’t advertise their costs, or payment types accepted (especially for Medicaid). In my experiences of speaking with facility owners and administrators, they would much prefer to have a private-pay resident over a Medicaid resident.
For Denver, we’d like to take the guesswork out of it, and offer you 10 facility options in the City that accept Medicaid (called “Medicaid Certified”).
- A LOVING HAND ASSISTED LIVING INC. This facility is located in Southeast Denver, near University Hills, and Cherry Creek State Park. It is licensed for 8 residents, and is Medicaid-Certified. Their phone number is: (303) 782-6951.
- ABBYS ASSISTED LIVING II. This facility, also licensed for 8 residents, is located in Denver County, also near Cherry Creek State Park. They are listed by the State of Colorado as being Medicaid Certified. Their phone number is (720) 338-3606.
- ASSISTED LIVING OF DENVER LLC. This facility is licensed for 16 beds, and is listed as an assisted living residence in Denver, and is Medicaid Certified. Telephone: (303)333-0305. This one is located closer to downtown Denver, near Park Hill.
- BARTH HOTEL, THE, which is a bit larger, licensed for 62 residents, and is located in Downtown Denver (really, it is near Coors Field, and all of the wonderful things Denver has to offer!). Their phone number is (303) 534-7142
- BROOKDALE HIGHLINE-ALR. This facility is larger, and is licensed for 82 residents. Their phone number is Telephone: (303) 283-0400, and they are located in Southeast Denver. The State lists this facility as accepting Medicaid.
- SPRINGBROOKE RETIREMENT AND ASSISTED LIVING. This facility is licensed for 151 beds, and 15 secured beds, and is listed as being Medicaid Certified. They are located near the Glendale/Washington Virginia Vale neighborhoods in Southeast Denver, and their phone number is: (303) 331-9963. Learn more about Springbrooke here.
- ROBERT RUSSELL EASTERN STAR-MASONIC CENTER OF COLORADO, INC. This facility is an assisted living residence in Denver and has 3 locations. This facility is listed as working with Medicaid, and each facility has 111 beds, 68 beds, and 43 beds, with the larger also having 20 secured beds. The phone number for the largest location is (303) 756-9489.
- PARK HILL RESIDENCE. This facility has 36 licensed beds, and is listed as being Corporate Non-Profit, and is Medicaid Certified. The phone is (303) 388-9437. This one is located not too far from City Park, and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
- MONARCH MANOR. This facility has 39 licensed beds, and is located just to the West of Cheesman Park, and is close to Downtown Denver. It is Medicaid Certified, and their phone is Telephone: (303) 861-4301.
- KAVOD SENIOR LIFE. This facility has 35 Licensed Beds and accepts Medicaid. This one is located in Cherry Creek, and the phone number is Telephone: (303)399-1146.
This list should get you started with your research into Denver’s assisted living facilities and care homes that accept Medicaid, or, as the State of Colorado officially terms it, ‘Medicaid Certified.’
There are more than this, and if you explore the surrounding communities like Centennial, Aurora and Littleton, you’ll have even more to choose from.
To learn about all of the licensed facilities in Denver, including Medicaid Certified, Private Pay and more, visit the Colorado Health Facility Demographic Information section on the State’s Department of Health Website.
Learn about Colorado Assisted Living Waiver Programs.