Always, without fail, I recommend to any family, senior or caregiver researching assisted living, or any other category of senior care, to become very familiar with your Local Area Agency on Aging.
Every town, city and area in the US is covered by one (as a result of the Older American's Act of 1965), and they provide unmatched support, programs, and assistance for seniors.
For New Haven, yours would be the Agency on Aging of South Central Connecticut. Here youll find Caregiver Support; Assistance with Insurance and Benefits; Long-term care planning help; Adult Day Care; Information and Referral, and so much more.
This is a noncommercial, state and federally supported entity, and should be considered highly trustworthy and helpful. New Haven has a handful of assisted living facility options that weve listed on this page, as well as other support services and information. Each facility we've listed may be contacted directly, and safely. Intro by D. Besnette
Assisted Living Facilities & Senior Care in New Haven, CT
"From their private rooms, residents can maintain their own schedules or take advantage of varied recreational activities offered by the Mary Wade Home."
Address: 118 Clinton Avenue New Haven, CT 06513-3199
888-723-8284Pricing & Availability Website
Phone: (203) 848-1414
- Meals served by our dietary staff in a community dining room
- Laundry services (personal clothing and bed linens)
- Housekeeping and maintenance services
- Recreational activities as desired
- Personal care assistance available
- Assistance with medications
- Monthly podiatric visits (optional)
- Monthly dental services (optional)
- Private rooms (furnishings are optional)
- Religious services
- Medication assistance, prescription refills
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Respite stays available
"...a unique apartment and assisted living community located in the heart of one of New England's most historic and vital cities."
Address: 18 Tower Lane New Haven CT 06519
866-315-1354Pricing & Availability Website
Our service is 100% free to you.
Unlike many other "care advisor" services, we are certified, and we have experts local to Connecticut. Our advisors are certified by the Society of Certified Senior Advisors.
888-981-6827Pricing & Availability
- We will take the time to assess your needs, budget and situation to help you to identify the absolute best 'fit' for senior care, assisted living, Alzheimer's care or Independent living in New Haven, or anywhere else in Connecticut.
We will be very happy to set up facility tours, and to even accompany you and your loved-ones to each facility from our list. We will help you through every step of the process!
We encourage you to learn more about our free service before you make any decisions
<7 class="heading-blue">Atwater Senior Center
- Address:26 Atwater Street New Haven, CT
- Phone: 203-946-8558
Dixwell/Newhallville Senior Center
- Address:255 Goffe Street New Haven, CT
- Phone: 203-946-8541
East Shore Senior Center
- Address:411 Townsend Avenue New Haven, CT
Senior Centers' Calendar of Events - view here (will open in a new window)