Expert Help...If You Need It!
Assisted Living Directory has been in service for over 10 years! Learn how Our Site is Different!
Learn something new today in Assisted Living Directory's Blog!
Ask A Question!
Learn About Florida's Assisted Living Regulations: & How To Get A Copy
Violations & Inspections
Florida Waiver Program: Covering The Cost of Care
How To Get A Printable Facility List for Florida Statewide: Including How To Export It In Excel!
Learn Facility Statements of Deficiencies: Great Public Records Search Tool
The 4 Different Assisted Living Licenses in Florida: Learn About Each Type
Florida Assisted Living Association:
1922 Miccosukee Road
Report suspected abuse by calling 800-677-1116
Popular Help Pages:
Assisted Living Tidbits
Questions we have received about Crestwood Manor, and assisted living that may serve as helpful examples of the types of questions you might consider asking facilities that you are interested in:
I am looking for a place for my parents - my dad has incontinence,
My father is 91 and a member of Good Shepherd church in Englewood and he has been retired almost 30 years and has a income of around 1,500 a month. He has minimal savings. What are your rates for assisted living...and do you accept medicaid if his savings runs out?
Is your facility able to do short term residence while client awaits placement in another facility - Robert
I am looking for an ALF for my parents who require a double room. Please give rates and conditions of entry. I will be in Florida in a few weeks.
The following was a series of questions asked by a daughter looking into assisted living for her mom - which seems to be a generic list of questions that she uses to jot down notes about different facilities:
1. What kind of living arrangements: types of rooms (single, double,or ward), furnishings, attractiveness.
2. What is the name and location of the facility?
3. Kind of living arrangements: types of rooms (single, double, or ward), furnishings, attractiveness, etc. Cleanliness, (premises, staff, patient rooms, kitchen).
4. Are the meals served balanced and healthy? Do they employ a registered dietician, either full-time or consultant? Resident satisfaction? (Ask some of the residents.)
5. Do they employ an activity director? Is there adequate socialization and recreational activities?
6. Do they employ a physical or occupational therapist, either full-time or part-time?
7. Do they have someone who is qualified and licensed who checks medications?
8. Are the nursing assistants certified (CNA’s)?
9 .What is the ratio of nursing staff to patient load? Is staff screened when they are hired, and are there random checks on all personnel?
10. How much per month will it cost for this facility? Are there additional costs involved that are above the monthly rate?
Q: I am looking for an alternative to the big Box ALF. Is this like a smaller Rooming Home for elderly? Do you provide meals and transportation to doctor appts? What is the cost per month? - Jack