We ♡ Connecting With You!
Assisted Living Directory has been in service for over 9 years! Learn how Our Site is Different!
Learn something new today in Assisted Living Directory's Blog!
Ask A Question!
How Georgia Defines Assisted Living - Each state can be quite different!
A Recommended Senior Services Database for Georgia - Trustworthy & Statewide
Paying For Senior Care in Georgia using CCSP - A Medicaid Waiver Program
Get A Copy of the CCSP Brochure - In A Printable .PDF Format
Assisted Living Association of Georgia (ALAG):
Report suspected abuse by calling 800-677-1116
Assisted Living - Learning More:
Some interesting questions we have received regarding assisted living and memory care that outline the confusion and complexity surrounding assisted living:
**My mom has 2nd stage Alzheimer's and additionally she is wheel chair bound although she can maneuver from the bed to the chair. Can your facility accommodate her needs? She is currently in an assisted living facility - Darlynn
**My sister, and probably her husband will need assisted living
in the near future. She had her right leg amputated below the
knee about Nov. 2009. She has twice been scheduled for a quad
heart by-pass, so as soon as she is able, this is planning to
be done. Her husband had complications from hernia surgery and
surgery was redone about two months ago and is healing slowly.
I am not certain that they will ever be able to live unassisted
* Do you have a VA advocate? I also need to know about the cost. Also, do you accept Medicaid?
* Are medications dispensed by a LPN or RN?
* My mom has 2nd stage Alzheimer's and additionally she is wheel chair bound although she can maneuver from the bed to the chair. Can your facility accommodate her needs? She is currently in an assisted living facility
* Do you provide wound care for pre-existing wounds? or are you able to contract with existing home health agencies for that service? What is the staff per resident ratio? How is the cost/ price schedule determined?
* May I bring my paints?
* My father is terminally ill and may receive a heart transplant if appropriate accommodations are met. I live in another state and do not have family close to Georgia at all. My father is applying for Medicare and I was wondering if your facility or any others that you are aware of in Georgia will take Medicare once he is approved for it? Please assist.
* Want to know if any programs are accepted through your facility such as medicare, disability, etc
* Can you please let me know the cost for an 87 year old with
dementia / Alzheimer's disease? He
is physically independent.
Interesting questions and comments we have received about Ana's PCH in Lawrenceville:
I am a health-worker in Lawrenceville appointed to the White House Conference on Aging. I do health talks, stress management workshops and onsite chiropractic care for residents and staff. I am also a musician and can arrange entertainment. With whom shall I speak to discuss the possibility of working with your facility?
Looking for Medicare facility for my 88 year old Mother with Alzheimer's. She has been in our home with us for three years, and is slowing getting to the point we can no longer care for her at home. Unfortunately, she does not have long term care insurance, no resources for private pay. Thanking you in advance. - SusanDon't be fooled by the Questionable Tactics used by many assisted living sites
Assisted Living Directory has a No Spam Guarantee!